Saturday, 19 April 2014

Hi all
I have not been on for a while and I am sorry for that. I could not log in and had to jump through some hoops to get things back into my control.

So I am back. I have been working on some how to guides. They will go up soon

In the mean time here are some new projects.




Wednesday, 10 July 2013

New work

I seem to keep neglecting my poor blog. I have decided to try and do better.
For you loyal few I have also decided to start doing some how to posts, showing some of my techniques. I guard most of these as it has taken me many years to develop them.

So question is. What do people want to see first.

Here are a few new pics to wet your appetite.




Thursday, 2 August 2012

Illithid

Got so much on at the moment I have been very lax in posting, so I am going to try and do better. Here is a new mask we did for a French larp group. All latex with separate tenticles stuck on.
Hope you like
May try one later with faom tenticles as they will move more naturally.

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Here is the skull knee plate option for the new armour. We intend to make a few different versions, such as lion, eagle as well as the skull and plain versions.

New armour

We are nearing completion on the new suit of armour. No name for it as yet but here are the fully articulated lower leg and knee pieces.


Thursday, 12 April 2012

Skyrim Daedric sword

Finished this a little while ago. I was commissioned to make this sword from skyrim. It was a challenge as the sword need to look curved, but it has a straight core inside.
Made from plastizote foam and latex with a cast poly handle.

Monday, 30 January 2012

Steampunk helmet final

I have finished and painted up the prototype for the steampunk helm. See what you think. I am very pleased with how this came out.


Wednesday, 18 January 2012

WW1 Steampunk helm and face plate

This is the piece I am making for the competition we ran last year.

Moulded from the clay sculpt and cast out in fibre glass so I could get it sanded and detailed. This is almost ready for final moulding. I still have to make the breather/filter parts, but they will be made and moulded separately.

Sunday, 4 December 2011

New website

Hi all. We now have a new website. Come visit at www.Dragon-armoury.com
I will still apdate the blog so see you soon.

Jay

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Egyption style breast plate

This was a custom order I did. They came out pretty well I think.
Made from semi flexible impact resistant polyurethane.

New Troll sculpt

It took a while as it was hard to come up with a good design. There are far to many ideas as to what a troll looks like. This is what I eventually came up with.

Dragon armour new belt arrangment




The belt now buckles on the side for much more adjustment.











Monday, 9 May 2011

Prototype mechanical Digi leg

This is the first digi leg I have made using my new design. It works well, allowing me to crouch and walk without putting any pressure on the anckle. There are a couple of design mods that need to be done but on the whole I am pleased. I will add video when I have the second leg completed.

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Hobgoblin


This is the first paint test for the hobgoblin mask.

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Black knight armour

This new piece is to try out an idea I have had to make suits of armour with interchangable decorative additions. So the main suit will be reasonably plain and then you choose the style. On the lower leg piece I have done, the skull knee can be taken off and a new decoration put on. I will do the upper leg armour next and then make another knee decoration.

The skulls mouth opens and closes as you bend your knee. This was sculpted in clay, then rough cast and cleaned up.